Tuesday 21 September 2010

MK1 STOKEY


Stokey has to be the best l'il robot I have ever made and my first attempt at a full size potbelly stove, he has kept many people warm -sometimes too hot. The first time I fired him up we managed to fill our garden up with smoke but he is sorted now.

After many alterations he is finished although I have already added 2 more air intake pipes and a slightly differnt colour paint, I just haven't had time to take photos.  He has an eye that is made of the end of an exhaust and a piece of ceramic glass that can withstand temps of 750 degrees, the paint can withstand 65o I have no idea how hot he actually gets but a pint of water boils over in 21 seconds.

The first glass eye shatterd because cold milk dripped onto it but I have solved this by adding an eyelid that should keep the rain off. He has a safety setting where the door can be closed and no sparks or wood can come out of him it also slows him down for an efficient burn.

He has 2 pokers one for opening the door the other long one is for reaching the back of the can  for a rake about, the hotplate where the cooking is done is made from stainless so it is easy to clean. He could be fitted into a house with the correct flue parts , I will look into this?.............


1 comment: