Thursday 13 May 2010

BOWSER UPDATE 6




Joe Rush  of the Mutoid Waste Company once told me to keep things small, i am begining to see what he meant! I have had a good day and the weather has let me weld in the yard all day [Bowser is to big to fit outside] so i have been finishing the arms and legs outside. The welding apron out of my delivery bike basket has come in very handy in saving a new set of overals, talking to my brother Benj who works for Shell says his team of welders work with 47 inch tubing, thats a different league! I managed to cut the access panel and drill arm holes in the 2nd side. It's great that the metal sheet inside the bowser that used to stop tank slap is in the most perfect place to strengthen the arms so there is no need for aditional support. Thank you Gringe for helping me aline the butt joints for the arms and getting stuck into the last large chunk of paint removal i o u one! I will be drilling holes for the legs tommorow and will then attempt to jack the body up on our bbq which quite luckily i  haven't cemented together yet. I have a few people over to help me with this so may not have time for an update, wish us luck! Included is a nice arty shot i like from the Gringe, thanks again and i hope you and Sofie enjoy your trip. I think i have solved the problem with the racks and we are back to the original design, just waiting to hear from the engineer about what size base he suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment